Tuesday, May 09, 2006

best day ever

The same day I was planning on quitting the Odeon, I went in to visit/help my mom at her new store. Turns out, she wasn't very busy and didn't need my help. While chatting, I noticed a draw box on the counter. I went to enter my name in said draw box. Mama Parker stopped me.
"You can't do that, you're family" she scolded.
Defiant as ever, I proceeded to enter in Rach's name, followed by my phone number. For good measure I entered 3 times.
"What are you going to do if they phone you and ask for Rach?" queried Mama, not overly pleased.
"Say hello" seemed the obvious answer.

After visiting for awhile longer, I was running a little late in getting ready for work. This is of course why my phone rang, I had no time to answer the phone. Awesomely enough, they asked for Rach. I remembered, and played along, thinking I had won some lipgloss or a gift certificate. No, not on the best day ever. That simply wouldn't do on the day I was quitting the Odeon. I in fact won a $1000 shopping spree at the Scotia center mall. So great. I was minutes late for work, choas abounded, I didn't care.

(For those of you who don't know about the Scotia mall, $1000 is always wonderful, but there are really only 6ish stores in it... I'm sure I'll manage)

1 comment:

bag marla said...

Congrats on the win, that's so fun!

You'd better be sporting some parrot glasses next time I see you!