Wednesday, May 17, 2006

if i was on death row...

I would want my last meal to be the bridesmaid's dinner we had at my house. Amazing! Instead of the typical bridesmaid's brunch, Rach planned a catered dinner at my house. This dude (I guess I should call him chef) was fan-freaking-tastic! Not to mention he brought everything, including dishes to my house, left no mess, and left me over half a chocolate torte and strawberries in my fridge. All for much cheaper than going out for a nice meal. Not that I was paying, but still. Go dude!

Course #1 - Lady bug salad
Best salad ever! It had a ladybug in it. A big one. It was a peeled tomato with black spots and antenna. So cute. Said adorable lady buy was nestled in the corner, appreciating our tasty greens and the delectable maple dijon dressing it dressed with.

Course #2 - Chicken and veggies
Not just any chicken, chicken stuffed with cream cheese. Very tastily spiced cream cheese. If you have never stuffed a chicked with cream cheese, I'd suggest you do it ASAP. It's like stuffing your supper with love. With the love, we had purple mashed potatoes. To quote Rachel "I never knew purple tasted so good." The were Japanese sweet potatoes and some kind of yam. I wasn't super crazy about the texture (though no one else noticed) but they were tasty. Also, some of the best asparagus I've ever eaten.

Course #3 - Chocolate torte
Now it's impossible to go wrong by feeding me chocolate. It's a given I will love it. However, you can make me LOVE it if you serve it on a banana leaf garnished with strawberries and pineapple.

Best supper ever.

No comments: