Thursday, January 04, 2007

happy new year!

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as I did this year. Every year as more and more people move away, Christmas is more jam packed with visiting friends I really wish would hurry up and move back home already! It was especially great that Rach and Marlito finagled some serious holiday time so we had the luxury of spending not just catching up time but quality time as well. Rach and I, obviously in a bit of withdrawl from political discussion, had enough debate-like conversations to hopefully get us through this next period of not seeing one another without our brains turning to mush and/or without accidentally scaring an acquaintance with our opinions.

Against all my better judgment, Big Red and I went out on New Years. I am not a lover of New Years as plans typically go awry and way too much expectation is invested in one evening. So I was pleasantly surprised indeed when we had a kickassawesome evening of dancing and socializing. I should probably thank our boss who gave us both the night off, and then was not angry that we came to her club anyway.

There are very few days of holidays left and so it is time to finally address the little bits of work that need to get done before I go back to school. I did a good job of this yesterday. I had a leisurely morning, and talked to a few people I didn't manage to see over the break. I put the first coat of paint on a shelving unit for my kitchen. I may have managed to clear off my kitchen table. I rewarded this "hard work" with an afternoon nap. The rest of my day didn't look much different (I did manage to get my house clean).

It's been a wonderful holiday indeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*sigh*

I sure wish I was able to be a million places at once. It's too bad that I didn't get to spend more time with you and like we had hoped. There's always next time... I'm possibly flying in in March, I'll keep you updated. I think it would be great to go out dancing like was suggested before. I sure do miss dancing...

Anyway, it was great to actually get to see you at any rate. I hope you become a Saskatoon visiting staple in the future!