Tuesday, February 06, 2007

uma!

I was having a terribly depressing day. Full of stupid stress, just counting down the hours until February break when hopefully I can finally get a handle on all that I am supposed to be doing and accomplishing right now.

I'm not sure if I've ever talked about Erica on my blog. My bad if I haven't. You see, she's over the top amazing. Many of my happiest times in Japan involved la belle Erica. Then, because being the regular kind of amazing - you know, all around good person with an attitude and the patience typically only awarded to people in make believe stories, crazy intelligent, empowered, going to change the world type of amazing - she had to go kick leukemia's butt as well, just to add that to her long list of credentials.

One of her very good friends, Uma, had a brain aneurysm this week. Now, while a young person having this happen to them definitely doesn't bring joy or happiness, seeing this just kinda snapped me out of my way overly self involved pity party.

Screw you school, stress, and the non essentials. I have way better things to focus my energy on and have nothing to complain about. So send some happy thoughts and energy the way of someone you know who truly needs it.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Positive thoughts sent her way...

Hey, didn't someone advise you that you needed positive thoughts to change your life? Just asking...

chelle said...

actually it was pure thoughts :P do those work the same?