Monday, October 02, 2006

hooked

I've never been a die hard CSI fan. In fact, I don't think I'd even watched an episode until there were 3 different shows, 5 seasons, and it was impossible not to watch it just because it's on every channel imaginable at some time.

It became something I started to watch if I was at Big Red's and I was waiting for him to be done something so we could hang out. Or if I was marking and he was on the computer. You know, a safe tv show. One that while he didn't love, wouldn't make huge protests about if we had to watch the last 15 minutes of it. ie. for him it wasn't Alias or Veronica Mars...

The more I watched, the more I realised I really like them (all 3 versions). And while there is an underlying story line, it's not the end of the world if you don't watch them in order. CSI was starting to be my new Law and Order.

So when the season premier included cameos of the Cirque de Soleil AND John Mayer, it was like they knew exactly what they were doing. They were making me cross over from casual viewer to include it in my weekly downloads. I have joined the masses. I'm okay with it.

No comments: