Tuesday, September 26, 2006

WAR!

I am having a war with the bank. It's the best kind of war, cause only I know we're having it. My chances of winning are greater this way. There is a slight chance this situation exists for someone at the bank and they have waged a war with me they think I don't know about. If this is true, it will be a mighty long war indeed.

You see, the bank called me one Sunday evening near the end of August. Oh yes, apparently that the is the most convenient time to conduct some kind bank related survey. Being at dinner with my family, and not wanting to talk to the bank in general, I told whoever I had the pleasure of talking with that, no, now was in fact not a good time to complete their survey. They pleasantly informed me they would call back some other time.

"Some other time" turns out, in the land of TD Canada Trust, to be once a day anytime between the hours of 9:30 a.m and 9:00 p.m. For the first week they had a habit of calling during the day while I was at school with my phone turned off. This was enough time for me to commit the number to memory. By the time they branched out to other phoning times, it was too late for them, my defenses were impenetrable.

And still, one month later, the war rages on. I guess I was silly to think that a force such as TD Canada Trust would back down after a couple weeks. I underestimated their tenacity, but they have also underestimated mine. They obviously don't know the sheer joy I get out of not answering their calls. I am curious to see how long this war will rage on. I hope it's the same person that's calling me everyday, hoping to "catch" me not paying attention to my call display. That would make me even happier.

Oh TD, can't you just hold on to my money and be happy with that? You see, there's no way I can back down now.

1 comment:

bag marla said...

you know, all you have to say is that you're not interested in participating.

i know that's not as fun but, you know, whatever.