Sunday, August 27, 2006


I know you've all been dying to see them, my "new" kitchen. I know I never actually finished blogging about how all the painting went, but the gist of it was that it took forever. The highlight was probably me spilling a whole cup of melamine paint the very first time I went to paint the edges of the cupboards. Luckily I did have a drop sheet on my table, not so luckily the drop sheet was not mine. I have no idea if you can wreck a drop sheet, but if you can I did. Sorry Uncle R. The 16 hour wait between all 5 - that's right 5! - coats on the cupboard doors was the killer. A garage or basement would have been very nice. I'm not too upset to no longer be performing acrobatics anytime I need across my living room... Especially the last two days when an complicated set up of tomato steaks and books was used to lifts the doors up so I could paint the edges.

All said and done, I'm not actually done. Turns out I'm not a very good painter after all... I need to redo the two big green walls cause I skimped out on the paint and it looks blotchy in spots. The cabinets also need a little touching up where I missed with the white right near the black. I'm not to upset about that seeing as when I painted that I was crazy sick and barely conscious anyway.

Stay tuned for kitchen reno #2, a much smaller project. I found an awesome corner shelf at Ikea, but will be sanding it and painting it black to match.

1 comment:

Not So French Girl said...

Wow ! It's beautiful !